The Physiotherapy program will include an assessment of the individual’s needs and the development of an individual care plan.
- Increase balance/ mobility and minimise risk of falls in the elderly
- Improve upper limb and lower limb strength
- Improve/maintain current levels of mobility and fitness
- Improve/maintain the person’s ability to actively participate in daily activities
- Help to minimise pain.
Physiotherapy – 9:45 – 10:45 am – Muscle Strengthening Exercises
Morning Prayer – 8:30 – 9:15 am
Physiotherapy – 9:30 – 10:30 am – Muscle Strengthening Exercises
$ 5.00 per session
St. Catherine’s is funded through the Department of Health and Aging Program There is a small fee for attendance and a charge for meals.
Who can come to St. Catherine’s Day Care Therapy?
- People over 65 years living in their own homes
- People over 65 years living in low care accommodation.
Who can refer clients?
Referrals are accepted from:
Doctors. Aged Care Assessment Teams, Other Health Professionals, Friends, Relatives or the client.
Coordination of referrals
Community Co-coordinator will coordinate referrals for each therapy.